Alright guys and gals, it’s time to get those cameras out and start shooting! Why? Because I’m starting a new series here on the blog – photo contests! That’s right, once a quarter (four times a year) I’ll be hosting a themed photography contest and I’ll be giving away some really cool prizes, brought to you by various sponsors. Are you ready? Let’s kick it off!
The theme for the first contest is going to be “Winter”. The theme is open to anything that has to relate to the season, but I’ll get to all the rules in just a bit. Ready for the prize? Are you? The winner will receive a free copy of the invoicing and estimate software made by creatives for creatives: BlinkBid! That’s right, this contest is brought you by the great folks over at BlinkBid and the have graciously offered up a copy of their awesome software!
And now… The Rules
There always has to be some rules, and here they are!
- The theme for the contest is “Winter”, so you’re free to shoot new photos or use photos that you’ve shot in the past that pertain to the season. This isn’t an assignment contest, so you don’t have to go out and shoot the photo within a certain timeframe.
- The work that you submit must be your original work and your work alone.
- The contest runs from February 15th to March 15th, 2010, and entries will only be accepted during this period. Entries submitted before the opening date or after the deadline will be disqualified. All entries must be received by 11:59PM Pacific Standard Time on March 15th, 2010.
- Since this is a family-oriented blog, let’s keep it clean. No full or implied nudity. Entries containing such will be disqualified.
- Only (1) entry is allowed per person, so let us see your best shot!
- Have fun and good luck!
How to Enter:
- Join the stephen zeller | photography Flickr group.
- Add your entry (1 image per person) to the Group Pool.
- Add the tag: szpwinter to your photo. (This helps me identify images for each contest.)
- That’s it! Once your image is in the Pool and properly tagged, you’ll be all set. Stay tuned here to the blog for updates and the winner will be announced here on the blog on Friday, March 26th, 2010.
- Good luck!
Remember that the contest isn’t open for entries until February 15th, 2010. Get your cameras ready, go through your images, and get your entry ready! I’m looking forward to seeing all the great work from my readers, as well as giving away a copy of BlinkBid to the contest winner!
Now, get out there and shoot!