- I’m planning on posting my review of “The Hot Shoe Diaries: Big Light From Small Flashes” by Joe McNally. The review will be a little lengthy but I’m going to break down each section for you. If you haven’t read this book yet, you’ll want to after you read my review.
- In these times of economic uncertainty, it’s hard for us to part with our hard earned cash for new gear. Wanna know my solution? Buy used gear! Check out websites like Craigslist and eBay for awesome deals on glass, flashes, and the like. I recently picked up a Nikon 85mm f1.8 lens for less than half of what it costs new! You can’t go wrong with that and I’ll be buying a couple more lenses the exact same way. Of course, I’ll have a full review up after I’ve put it through it’s paces.
- My Lastolite Ezybox came in on Thursday… I’ll be engrossed this weekend shooting with it. So far I’m really jazzed about this thing… the quality of light is amazing!
- I’ve been shooting a lot more photos with my iPhone than usual. (See photo above.) I was inspired by Chase Jarvis and his collection of iPhone photos. I process them with native iPhone apps like CameraBag and Cool FX by Tiffen. This further proves that the best camera is the one that’s with you.
- I’ll be out and about this morning in Carlsbad for a Mentoring Session. You can read more about this right here.
- Last but not least, I hope to have photos and gel kits up and available in my “store” on Monday. I’ll post a little more about them and how you can make them yourself. But if you’re not much of the DIY’er you can buy them in my store for cheap.
That’s it for me, so I hope you all have a great weekend and I’ll see you back here on Monday! Keep clickin’ the shutter release!