While I’m out today getting my LASIK procedure, I thought I would leave you with a little bit of buzz going on around the photo world this week:
- The new MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 from PocketWizard have photographers talking and Canon owners rejoicing… because they can get them for their cameras before any of the rest of us can. For all the techie-goodness on these babies, check out David Hobby’s post on Strobist.
- From now until February 25th, Mpix is offering 25% off all prints 16×20 or larger! If you’re looking for some big prints, now is the time to order! Use coupon code: largeprints09 at checkout. Click here for more info.
- WPPI’s convention is going on right now in Las Vegas. WPPI stand for Wedding and Portrait Photographers International and some of the top wedding and portrait shooters are there speaking and teaching. If you’re into wedding or portrait photography, WPPI is an organization worth looking into.
- Speaking of organizations worth looking into, are you a NAPP member? The National Association of Photoshop Professionals is an OUTSTANDING organization to be associated with. It the THE BEST resource out there for Photoshop, period. If you’re not a member, you’re really missing out. The benefits are incredible… and those benefits paid for my membership last year and this based on the money I saved by being a NAPP member. Click here for more details and to sign up!
- If you’re a Nikon shooter you may have noticed a price increase on some of Nikon’s products, primarily their glass. Prices have gone up 15-20% in some cases, and have a lot of Nikon customers concerned. It’s been rumored that Nikon made the decision to increase prices to help offset the current economic turmoil. If you’re looking for new glass, those Tamron and Sigma lenses are lookin’ pretty good right about now.
Well, that’s it for me today. I hope you guys have a great day and I’ll be sure to post some cool details about my LASIK procedure and thank for the well wishes, there very appreciated! 🙂