Monday is here, but it’s not the usual Monday for me because I’m not at work… well at my day job anyway. I have some time off and I’ll be spending it working on photography and preparing for my upcoming DSLR Photography for Beginners Workshop in April. I’m sure my wife will have a few things for me to do as well… 🙂
Here’s what I’m serving up this week on the blog:
- I placed my order for my CyberSyncs, made by Paul C. Buff, Inc. and I can’t wait for them to get here so I can start playing with them. They are said to be of equal quality to the Pocket Wizard, so I can’t wait to put them to the test. Of course you can expect a full review and I’ll even compare them to the Cactus V2s system, which is what I currently use.
- A reader posted a comment last week about my Essential Home Studio Gear post and asked for some more photos of my home studio gear, so stand by for those this week. I’ll talk a little more about my gear and some setup info too.
- I’ve mentioned them here before, but I’m continually impressed with Totally Rad actions by Boutwell Studio, LLC. They offer two sets of Photoshop Actions that you can use for processing your images. You can preview the actions on their site, read reviews, and get recipes for using the actions too! In order to use them, you need to have a basic understanding of Layers and Masks in Photoshop. The actions require that you have Photoshop CS2 or later. Here’s the link to Totally Rad actions.
- Speaking of Totally Rad actions, Top 10 Wedding Photographer Jessica Claire uses them to process her images for her wedding and portrait clients. Be sure to check out her site, as she recently posted some new images and provided the technical and processing details too! (Here’s the link)
- I’ve got some more images and gouge for you too so be sure to check those out so you can get your learn on!
- And for your photography inspiration needs, you should most definitely check out the “We Are Sleeping Giants” project by Brooks Reynolds. There are some amazing images in this collection and you will no doubt be left with a burning desire to go out and shoot! (Here’s the link)
So that’s what’s in store for you this week. I’ll see you back here every single day and I’ll be working hard at bringing you some great photography content this week too! I’ll enjoy my time off from work, while I’m working… does that make sense?