Here’s a little of what’s going on around the photography industry:
- Energizer Ultimate Lithium and National Geographic have created their second annual Ultimate Photo contest which invites the photographer enthusiast to share photos for a chance to be judged by world-renowned photojournalist, Jim Richardson, and win a trip to the Galapagos Islands along with a spread in National Geographic Magazine. Click on the slideshow above for more details and good luck! Thanks again to Nicole over at M80 in LA for letting me know about the contest!
- Chase Jarvis has recently updated his iPhone Portfolio on his website. All the images in this particular portfolio were shot with his iPhone and processed only with native apps for the iPhone. This further proves that you don’t need an expensive camera to take great photos… it’s all about seeing.
- I’ve recently jumped on the Twitter bandwagon. Better late than never right? You can view my updates right here on the blog or you can follow me (@sjzeller) if you Twitter.
- I’m working on my full review of how Nik Software’s plugins work with Lightroom. I hope to have it up on Friday, and by Saturday at the latest.
- Last but not least, I put my 50mm f1.8 on my D90 yesterday afternoon and went out and shot for a bit. Below are a couple of images from my short time walking around out in front of my house. Hope you enjoy ‘em! Let me know what you think in the comments!